What's with the Fusion Education?
Fusion is a non-profit making social enterprise and is the ICT4D arm of Sarvodaya, the largest civil service organization in Sri Lanka. Fusion Education is a marketable service offered to Telecentres as a value added service. The service is offered via Sarvodaya Fusion as a revenue generation model to enhance the sustainability of telecentres.
ICT training to Grassrootss communities is a primary income generating avenue of most telecentres in Sri Lanka. However, quality of courses offered varies from telecentre to telecentre in terms of contents of the course, duration of the course, standard of instructors, standard of exams, availability of certificates etc. and lacks or has varying degrees of recognition among public. Fusion Education offered by Sarvodaya Fusion is to standardize and streamline procedures relating to ICT training offered by telecentres and to improve recognition of telecentre based ICT training.
Fusion Education aims to standardize Telecentre based ICT training by,
- Standardizing ICT training curriculum by introducing Diploma in Computer Application book for guidance of instructors and students.
- Specifying a standard time schedule for the duration of the course.
- Streamlining procedures relating to examinations.
- Associating an university for setting examination papers and guidance of instructors.
- Providing a certificate which would be recognized at national level.
- Facilitating registration of telecentres with TVEC. (Tertiary And Vocational Education Commission - Sri Lanka)
Read the Paper Article»